Monday, November 8, 2010

Honey (whisper)...It's Positive.... (6.5 weeks)

So, our adventure starts on the morning of October 29th, with a home pregnancy test. I rolled out of bed at 3am (I couldn't wait any longer), opened the package (heard Alex turn over in bed and his heavy sleep-breathing stop with anticipation) and peed on the stick. Not wanting to get my hopes to high, I went about getting ready for work. A few minutes went by and I looked at the test and it had a plus sign, but one line was much more faint than the other. I took out the directions and in really big bold print it said:

"IT DOES NOT MATTER IF ONE LINE
IS LIGHTER THAN THE OTHER."

I had my answer. I opened the bathroom door and could see Alex's eyes trained on me in the dark. I crawled up next to him and whispered that it was positive. His exact words were "Really? You're not f'**king with me? Really? REALLY?"...Hugs :)

My doctor ordered a blood test that day. Not able to wait, I completed another positive test on Saturday morning. We had to wait, painstakingly, until my doctor's appointment on Monday for the confirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment